Personal Data We Collect
We Collect The Following Data About You:
- your name, e-mail address, contact details and communication preferences when you complete forms on our website;
- your online browsing activities, your IP address (computer internet address) and your approximate location (as determined by your IP address) in conjunction with Google Analytics (more details below).
Our website is not intended for use by children and as such we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their children’s online activity.
How We Protect Your Data
How We Use Your Data
We Use Your Data For Four Reasons:
- to provide information, support and services to you;
- to manage customer service interactions with you;
- to subscribe you to our mailing list and send you relevant information by email;
- to analyse how our website is used, so that we can improve it and report anonymised visitor numbers and analysis for performance reporting.
When And How We Might Share Your Data
We will never sell your personal data. We share limited data for limited purposes. There are three different sets of data sharing involving personal data collected through our website:
- Cookie/visitor behaviour – we share this information with Google Analytics (see further details below);
- Contact information you provide to book an appointment or make an enquiry – we store this in computer systems provided by third parties for processing, storage and archive purposes.
We use Calver Digital to provide technical support. The agreement we have in place with them prevents them from using or sharing your personal data for any purpose.
How Long We Keep Your Data
We only keep your data for as long as we need to. More specifically:
- website visitor data (Google Analytics) – we will retain your data for 26 months;
- mailing list subscription – we will retain this data until you unsubscribe from our mailing list (every mailing list e-mail you receive from us will have a link allowing you to easily unsubscribe);
- customer enquiry and appointment information – we will retain this for not more than 2 years after you last contacted us – we only keep personal data for the current financial year and the previous financial year.
Transferring Data Outside Of The European Economic Area (EEA)
We are required to tell you if we transfer data outside of the EEA.
Legal Basis For Using Your Data
We generally rely on your consent to use your personal data in relation to monitoring website usage and sending you direct e-mails through our mailing list, or providing customer care or information should you choose to contact us directly through our website.
We Also Process Your Data Because It Is In Our Legitimate Interests That We Do So, Namely:
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and/or services;
- sending information to you by e-mail or text message about our products and/or services;
- collating website usage figures and analysis (which are entirely anonymised) for performance reporting;
- understanding the behaviour of visitors to our website so that we can improve our website and/or the products and/or services we provide;
- protecting the business, staff and customers by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts;
- fulfilling our duties to our customers.
Your Legal Rights
You Have The Following Rights:
- the right to ask what personal data we hold about you;
- the right to ask us to update and correct or delete any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you;
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
To exercise any of the above rights please contact us using the details below. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (the supervising authority for data protection in the UK). To do that please visit their website at ico.org.uk/concerns/
Reviewing And Changing How We Use Data
We regularly review our use of personal data to ensure that what we do continues to be fair, transparent, safe and legal. We sometimes change the software or technologies we use and this may result in us changing what data we collect and/or how we use it. We will only use your data for the purposes set out above. If we want to use your data for any other purpose we will contact you and seek your express permission before we conduct any such processing.
We will always seek to minimise the amount of data we collect and use, and to only keep it for as long as we need to.
How To Find Out More Or To Make A Complaint
To provide feedback, ask for more details or to make a complaint about our collection or use of your personal data then please contact us using the details below.
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK – please visit their website to see how you can do that.
Davey B Design Limited
3 The Courtyard,
7a Manor Road
Gravesend DA12 1AA